the catrina party
From October 2nd to November 4th, the Catrina takes control of Xoximilco!
The big party of the souls at Xoximilco comes with very special activities to celebrate, for an entire month, the Day of the Dead.
Fun “calaveras” will welcome you and join you in dancing and bringing a joyful mood full of folklore among colorful altars and characteristic scenarios of this Mexican holiday.
To make you feel a part of this party you’ll be able to paint your face to have a fittingly Day of the Dead look, and begin the Mexican Floating Fiesta fully characterized as one of the souls that comes back to life during these days.
During the tour through the canals, the live music will make you sing and dance with the ranchero, norteño, marimba, and of course the Mariachi, among other genres which will play traditional songs of this holiday.
For this special occasion, your personable host will tell you stories and legends about the Day of the Dead. And of course, open beer and tequila bar, softs drinks and fresh flavored water, as well as a sampling dinner of Mexican specialties.
Come to Xoximilco to the Catrina Party and get a special discount for Xcaret at Night to enjoy the Festival of Life and Death Traditions 2017 from October 30th to November 2nd, or the show Xcaret México Espectacular on October 3rd and 4th, among many other activities at Xcaret Park. Admission starting at 4:00 p.m.
The Catrina has come to Xoximilco to turn up the party!
- From October 2nd to November 4th enjoy the Catrina Party with special activities.
- Begin the night with a Mexican carnival, a musical surprise to put you in that party mood, colorful altars and a Day of the Dead ambiance.
- A nighttime Mexican fiesta onboard a Mexican party barge.
- Mariachi, ranchero, norteño, marimba and different ensembles playing traditional live music of this Mexican holiday.
- Exquisite sampling dinner of Mexican specialties.
- Open beer and tequila bar, fresh flavored waters and soft drinks for the toasts.
- Day of the Dead themed welcome.
- Face painting to become a “calavera”.
- Party barge ride through festive canals.
- Special dinner with the distinct flavors of Mexican cuisine.
- Open beer and tequila bar, with soft drinks and fresh flavored waters.
- Different ensembles playing traditional live music of the Day of the Dead: mariachi, norteño, ranchero, jarana, marimba and campirano.
- Personal and personable host who will accompany you during the tour with games, information about the dishes and will tell you stories and legends about the Day of the Dead.
- Xoximilco Cancún includes transportation only if you add it at the time of your purchase.
- Free parking.
- Other services (ATM and shops).
- Book in advance to ensure your admission and bring your printed proof of purchase.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes; we recommend that you wear long pants.
- If your Tour includes transportation, confirm the time and place of your pickup.
- Sunscreen and insect repellent used in the Park must only have titanium dioxide and zinc oxide.
- Bring extra cash or a credit card for souvenirs and photos.
- Xoximilco Cancun is open Monday to Saturday from 7:15 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. from September to March. From April to August from 7:45 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Departure time of the first party barge is at 8:00 p.m. from September to March and 8:30 p.m. from April to August.
- Duration: approximately 3 hours.
- The minimum age recommended at Xoximilco is 5 years (children must be accompanied by an adult at all times).
- Children ages 5 to 11 get half off the regular adult ticket price.
- Children over 4.5 ft but under 12 years of age, must present an ID to verify their age (in both cases children must show an ID at park ticket booths).
- Your Tour includes transportation only if you add it at the time of purchase.
- Reservations cancelled more than 2 days prior to your booking date are subject to a 10% charge for administrative fees; those cancelled between 0 and 2 days prior to your booking date, or in the case of no-shows or not using your coupon, are non-refundable. Any change of the booking date is subject to an adjustment in the price.
- It is not possible to make a change of date the same day of your visit.
- The Mexican barges have a maximum capacity of 20 passengers.